Life in the 21st century all too often means spending far too much time hunched over screens, devices, steering wheels, and desks. Sound familiar? Assuming these poor positions throughout the day without adequate muscular strength to resist and push back against gravity can lead to degeneration of our joints, inefficiency of our muscles, and unnecessary pain.
“The human body is designed to thrive against gravity-else we tend to age rapidly and get injured. Foundation Training is the answer to my many years of research on the negative effects of sitting.”
-Dr. Joan Vernikos, Former NASA Director of Life Sciences
Here’s how it works. Foundation Training uses a combination of powerful movements, poses, and conscious breathing work to activate the muscles in your posterior chain.
When practiced regularly, the following things can happen:
- Your torso, pelvis, and backside strengthen
- Your hips reclaim their intended role as the epicenter of movement
- Your spine decompresses and space opens throughout your torso
- Your breathing capacity and oxygen levels increase
- Your muscles learn to correctly support your structure and posture improves
- Your whole body becomes integrated and moves more efficiently
There are 19 total postures in the system at present. Minimal time commitment, massive results. Come by the studio and let us show you the nuts and bolts of Foundation Training. Make the time to learn Foundation Training…it’s a game changer.